Czech Rogaining Championships, 23. – 24. 6. 2018, Roztoky u Křivoklátu
- TJ Lokomotiva Beroun, z.s. - orienteering club
- Czech Association of Rogaining and Mountain Orienteering (ČAR)
- 23. – 24. 6. 2018
- Roztoky u Křivoklátu
- Event Centre:
- Roztoky u Křivoklátu, football stadium (50.0230875N, 13.8595392E)
- Event Type:
NON-COMPETITIVE (for NEWCOMERS):
- Czech 24 hours rogaining championships (Sat 12:00 - Sun 12:00)
- 12 hours rogaining - open race (Sat 18:00 - Sun 06:00)
- 6 hours rogaining - open race (Sat 14:00 - Sat 20:00)
- 6 hours rogaining for Event Partners as well as other incomers (Sat 12:00 – Sat 18:00)
- Competition Area:
- Křivoklátsko – the competition area is bordered by the urban areas of Králův Dvůr, Chyňava, Družec on the eastern side;
Rynholec on the northern side;
Lišany, Hřebečníky, Jablečno on the western side and
Bzová, Zdice on the southern side
- The highlands of Křivoklát (western, southern and central parts), the Lánská highlands (north) and Karlovická highlands (northwest).
The highest point is 617 metres above sea level, the lowest point is 220 metres above sea level.
A decent number of paths, density of settlements is greater along the southern border and in the north parts,
woodlands cover more than 70% of the area.
- Special map for rogaining, scale 1: 40 000, e = 10 m, map updated 05/2018, waterproof layout (Tyvek)
- Punching System:
Electronic SI (Sport-Ident) system.
Every competitor has to have her/his own SI card!
Competitors in all events have to have the SI6 or newer type.
The SI cards can also be hired from the organizers for a fee of 90 CZK per chip.
- 24 hours
- 12 hours (MO12, WO12, XO12)
- 6 hours (MO6, WO6, XO6, OPEN)
- M (all team members are men)
- W (all team members are women)
- X (there is at least one man and at least one woman in the team)
- V (veteran class, all members have to be 40 years old or older - born 22. 6. 1978 and earlier)
- SV (superveteran class, all members have to be 55 years old or older - born 22. 6. 1963 and earlier)
J (junior class - all members have to be 20 years old or younger - born 23. 7. 1997 and later)
- change on 5. 4. 2018: Y (junior class - all members have to be 23 years old or younger - born 23. 7. 1995 and later)
- NEWCOMERS – any composition of team members, designated especially for people new to rogaining who have not regularly taken part in Czech Rogaining Championships in the past
A team consists of 2-5 members.
All members of the team have to go around the whole course together. If one member gives up, the whole team is obliged to come back to the finish together.
Participants younger than 18 years old can take part in the event only with a written acquiescence of his/her parents or legitimate representative.
Any participant younger than 15 years, in addition, has to be accompanied by a team member older than 18 year.
Only members registered with ČAR (Czech Association of Rogaining and Mountain Orienteering) can take part in the 24 hours Czech Rogaining championships.
All members of team have to be registered. You can register for free on the day.
- Participation Fees:
24 and 12 hours rogaine competitors
before 24. 5.before 31. 5. – 600 CZK per one team member
- Registration before 14. 6. – 700 CZK per one team member
- Later registration – 800 CZK per one team member
The participation fee includes the prize of the map, accommodation in the event area intents (from Friday to Sunday),
parking, toilet/showers and refreshment during the event (Hash house).
6 hours rogaine competitors (except the non-competitive class NEWCOMERS)
before 24. 5.before 31. 5. – 300 CZK per one team member
- Registration before 14. 6. – 400 CZK per one team member
- Later registration – 500 CZK per one team member
6 hours rogaine non-competitive NEWCOMERS
before 24. 5.before 31. 5. – 300 CZK for the whole team
- Registration before 14. 6. – 400 CZK for the whole team
- Later registration – 500 CZK for the whole team
The participation fee includes the prize of the map, parking, toilet/showers and refreshment after the race.
On-line registration system on the event webpage: https://rogaining.ob-lbe.cz/
Alternatively by email (less preferable) – firstname.lastname@example.org.
When registering and entering via email (email@example.com), please, put the name of your team and a name of one team member into the subject box.
International participants are required to pay the participation fee on the day in cash. The amount of payment is dependent on the date of registration of the team. Payment in cash is possible in CZK only (CZK = Czech Crown/Koruna).
All other payments (SI hire, accommodation , etc.) are also paid by cash on the day.
For 24 hours rogaine participants strictly in own tents only in restricted area at the event centre (without any payment).
Competitors in other classes (12 and 6 hours) can pay 50 CZK for one night in their own tent.
The 12 hours (and 6 hours) rogaine participants can use the accommodation in nearby surroundings (Křivoklát, Beroun, Hořovice).
Friday 22. 6. 2018
- 18:00 – 23:00 – Registration of 6, 12 and 24 hours rogaining participants and the non-competitive class NEWCOMERS
Saturday 23. 6. 2018
- 8:00 - 9:00 – Registration of 24 hours rogaining participants and non-competitive class NEWCOMERS (competitors in the 6 hours rogaining can register until 10:00, competitors in the 12 hours regaining until 15:30)
- 9:00 - 9:30 – attachment of SI cards (using a wristband) for 24 hours rogaining competitors and non-competitive class NEWCOMERS
- 10:00 – 24 hours rogaining and non-competitive class NEWCOMERS map distribution
- 10:00 – 10:30 - attachment of SI cards (using a wristband) for 6 hours rogaining competitors
- 12:00 – Start of 24 hours rogaining competition and non-competitive NEWCOMERS race
- 12:00 – 6 hours rogaining map distribution
- 14:00 - Start of 6 hours rogaining competition
- 15:00 - 15:30 attachment of SI cards for 12 hours regaining
- 16:00 - 12 hours rogaining map distribution
- 17:00 – Hash house opens
- 18:00 – Finish of the non-competitive NEWCOMERS race
- 18:00 – Start of 12 hours rogaining
- 20:00 – Finish of the 6 hours rogaining competition
- 21:30 – Prize giving ceremony for the 6 hours rogaining competition
Sunday 24. 6. 2018
- 6:00 – Finish of 12 hours rogaining competition
- 12:00 – Finish of 24 hours rogaining competition
- 13:00 – Hash house closes
- 14:00 – 24 hours and 12 hours rogaining price-giving ceremony
- Map Distribution:
- Saturday, 23. 6. at 10:00 - for 24 hours competition and non-competitive NEWCOMERS class
- Saturday, 23. 6. at 12:00 - for 6 hours competition
- Saturday, 23. 6. at 16:00 - for 12 hours competition
- Mass start of the race:
- Saturday, 24. 6. at 12:00 - for 24 hours competition and non-competitive NEWCOMERS class
- Saturday, 24. 6. at 14:00 - for 6 hours competition
- Saturday, 24. 6. at 18:00 - for 12 hours competition
- Saturday, 23. 6. at 18:00 - for non-competitive NEWCOMERS class
- Saturday, 23. 6. at 20:00 - for 6 hours competition
- Sunday, 24. 6. at 06:00 - for 12 hours competition
- Sunday, 24. 6. at 12:00 - for 24 hours competition
- Classification System:
Each check point is marked on the map and in control descriptions and the value of each control is equal to its first digit times 10 (values vary from 20 to 90 points). The number and order of control points is up to discretion of each team (go-as-you-please). Passing of each control point has to be marked by inserting the SI card into the SI unit.
Each control point is marked by a white-orange control kite of size 30x30 cm, SI unit and punches (just in case of the SI unit failure). The final ranking of each team depends on the sum of the points gained. In case of an equal point result, the faster time wins.
Exceeding the given time limit results in penalization - each started minute equals to 20 points being taken away. If the time limit is exceeded by more than 30 minutes, the team will not be classified.
The first three teams in each competitive class will be announced at the prize giving and awarded a prize. There will be no prize giving in the non-competitive NEWCOMERS class – teams in the NEWCOMERS category will be awarded a participation acknowledgment.
- Please find your own transport to the event (own vehicle or buses/trains).Transport is not provided by the organisers.
- in the area of the event centre as directed by the organisers.
During the race a non-stop buffet (hash house) in the event centre will be available for 12- and 24-hour rogaine participants only.
There is a local restaurant ‘U Jezzu’ which will open during the event. There are several other pubs in the village (Hotel Roztoky, Hospoda u mostu), couple
refreshment stalls, another pub in the neighboring village Křivoklát.
- Event Director: Bohuslav Hamáček
- Course planner: Vladimír Mezník
- Jury: Pavel Karmazín
- Event authorisation: Jan Marek
- Further information:
- on the event webpage - https://rogaining.ob-lbe.cz/
- The race is organized according to the IRF and ČAR rules. Eventual exceptions shall be noted on the race webpage or in the final details.
Taking part in the rogaining race is at the own risk of each competitor. Competitors are obliged to sign a declaration that they are taking part at their own risk.
The organizer doesn't hold any responsibility and/or liability for any damage caused by any participant of the race.